In Our Prayers This Week
Please find time in your busy day to spend a few minutes with God. Pray for: your special needs and the forgiveness of your sins; the welfare of those closest to you; our church--at Holy Spirit and Christians through out the world; our leaders and teachers--both religious and secular; the weak, the afraid, the oppressed; the sick--in mind body or spirit; the dying and the grieving; for God's creation all around us.
Remember, prayer is a two-way conversation: listen quietly as much as you speak!
How should you pray?
1. Find a quiet time and place when you can focus. Sit comfortably. Perhaps light a candle.
2. Read a few passages of scripture to calm your mind and focus your thoughts. The Psalms are an excellent place to look.
3. Start by counting your blessings and saying "thank you" for all that you have--your self, your time, your possessions, friends and family, home and country.
4. Allow the Holy Spirit to call to mind the concerns you have as well as the concerns you know of for others. Tell God all your needs and desires as you would confide in a best friend.
5. Sit quietly in God's presence. Rest in the Lord. Breathe. Listen for any inspirations, nudgings.
6. Close with a simple prayer of love; the Lord's Prayer is an excellent conclusion.
7. End with an AMEN. This word means, "Let it be so!"